Estimated Arrival: Between Mar 29 and Mar 31. *ETA to the USA Only
Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping. All The Time.
- Well seals consist of two round disks which sandwich a flexible rubber donut in between.
- The lower disk is threaded so that when the bolts on top are tightened, the disks come together and expand the rubber out against the inside walls of the casing.
- This locks the seal like a plug inside standard 8" ID well casing.
- The 8" EarthStraw well seal is made from structurally reinforced ABS and comes with the EarthStraw gripper in the center.
- It also has a an additional 1" NPT access hole which is large enough for an additional EarthStraw to enter for emergency pumping.
The 8-inch well seal is for a more permanent installation of your flojak PVC or Stainless pump series in an 8-inch casing. The upper-section of your FloJak is inserted, through the well-seal during assembly. When fully inserted the hanging bracket (included with your pump) will simply rest on top of the well seal, and serves as the mounting bracket for MiniJak or PowerJak Pump Lever attachments. When thinking through clearances in your casing for the pump, keep in mind that the hole for your pump is in the center of the well-seal.
Once installed, the sanitary well cap will insert into your casing until the round top-plate sits on top of the casing. After it is tightened in place the seal will grip the FloJak upper while also gripping the inside of your well casing.
How Do They Work?
Well-seals are designed with three layers. The top and bottom layers are thick round plates that compress the hard rubber in the middle, when the 4 large bolts are tightened. When squeezed, the rubber section expands tightly against the inside of the casing while also gripping the upper housing of your FloJak, just below the metal hanging bracket. The extra hole may be plugged or used for venting to reduce vacuum as the water is being pumped out of your well.
The 8" model has a "fit" range of 8.0"-8.25" so that it can accomodate a variety of well-casing inside diameters. Color may vary.